Monday, November 24, 2008

7 days, 7 fascinating (to me) people, 7 questions


I've been inspired by the number 7 since reading Shorty's post! And added my own twist to it.

Yes, that's right, for the next 7 days you will be reading post from 7 different important people in my life, and they will be answering 7 questions about....ME!

Rambler? How can that possibly be interesting?

Well, if you've read my past stuff, I find the funny! (I might embellish a little but for the most part everything will be true.)

So today for you folks....


My Boss

1. How long have you known the Rambler?

Too Long! Going on 10 years! But she's been here at this place since the beginning of time. Ok, more like 13 years.

2. What does the Rambler do for you?

She drives me crazy. I've been currently residing at a mental facility doing all the financials from my private room. She's worked that into our budget somehow. She's been promoted (forcibly by knife point) to being my #2 of our (I mean MY) restaurant)! We used to be friends?

3. If you could give her an award for anything in the world, what would it be?

The Your-Going-To-Put-Me-In-My-Grave-Early Award. I try to save money, but she spends it. (she says you have to spend a little to make a little). She's all about the the coaching and training, (eh, they'll learn on their own). She's into doing outings to boost morale, (I say, do your job and you'll HAVE a job!)


4. If she were a dish in your restaurant, what would she be?

The spicy Thai chicken sandwich. It's main infrastructure is chicken, a good strong foundation of protein. The pita bread we use is not the traditional sandwich bread which makes it not typical but unique, add a little spicy sauce and you've got quite a Saucy meal...(wink, wink, that's for you Saucy SITSa's)


5. If the place were on fire, would you feel she could take control?


Imagine the grand Marshall with the voice box, barking orders, her yelling "NO one's going down on MY watch...MOVE, MOVE, MOVE!" She did that once when we had a little spark from the bad outlet.

6. When dealing with international clients, are you confident leaving her to handle them?

She's been known to use a massive amount of hand signals. I guess from having a child, they've grown to be championship potential. Also, her talent for being try-lingual...Japanese, (as it's mandatory here in Hawaii for high school) and her fathers teachings of Spanish. She tells us if you just add O to the end of every word, your IN like FLINN! We-o would-o be-o lost-o without-o her-o! Ahhh, she taught us well!

7. Would you say she's worth what you pay her?

Well, I believe my payroll stopped processing her check a while ago. She just keeps showing back up. I would turn a corner and she would be right there. This is what I keep talking about in my therapy sessions...O, hey there Rambler, you always seem to pop up...what, haha, noooo, not talking about you...what, your buying new coolers for the kitchen....haha, no I'll find money somewhere....



And THAT was my boss! Obviously I had to ad lib for him as if he ever knew I did this blog, he'd ask when I had the time to do my job! No, boss, not on your time. Yes, boss, I sacrifice sleep and peace of mind to do this.

Tune in tomorrow for my next interview....mmmm, who could it be?

Guess you'll have to wait and see. ;)

9 ramblings of your own:

Young Momma said...

Cuuute idea!

Krissy said...

i'm very interested to see who you've picked. this should be good.

Loud Spirit said...

VERY creative- great job!

C♥ said...

over from SITS.

Adorable idea!!!!!

too funny.

Grand Pooba said...

I love your boss!

amy (metz) walker said...

#5 made me laugh out loud at my desk!!! Hilarious!

Andy - Instafather said...

What a great blog idea. Now who is the fan of whom, eh? (Is that correct grammar?)

MammaDucky said...

The fact that you added a scene from one of my favorite movies just confirms my love for you. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta.

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

here from SITS....congrats on being a saucy blog for the week.