Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Is it just me??


Tonight was weird....

I work in a restaurant and it can be interesting at times. It never fails that you have nothing to do but all of a sudden EVERYTHING happens together.

Had a group book a dance party for the evening and that was to start around 8:00. While I was trying to deliver a check to a guest for a really busy server a woman threw up all over my escalators. Right where people need to step off when getting off the escalator. I was like ummm, do I drop this check off, or do I try to help this lady who looks like she's going to hurl again all over my merchandise (did that sound like I didn't care for her well being?). Of course I assisted the woman first and went to her table to inform her friends and OR husband that she wasn't feeling good. I just said that, and one of the friends said,

"We know!"

"Um, no, I mean she's at the bottom of the escalotor and did not make it to the restroom." Me wondering why no one on the table is getting up to...I don't know...check on her!

"Uh, uh" says the table of friends

"Ok, well, she's got her head in a trash bucket puking and she's thrown up all over the escalotor, did one of you want to help her or should I send her back here when she's done?" Swear to goodness, I said that. Well who seemed to be the husband put his food down and got up to check it out.

All I know is, my husband better walk me to the bathroom if I thought I was as sick as this lady and he better jump in 5 seconds if it seemed like I was in trouble.

OK...on to the rest of the night...Oh yeah, I was able to still drop off the check to the other customer who patiently waited and understood.

Back to the dance Party....these are kids and I mean high school kids on an excursion trip from all over the place. All I can say is that I pray my daughter when she gets to that age has more respect for herself and others to not act the way some of them were...and I will leave it at that.

It's late and I have just a couple hours before the kid wakes up for her first feeding of the day....God Bless her and her 5:30 Am feeding...;o)

A tired tired Rambler

0 ramblings of your own: