Thursday, July 28, 2005

So much to do, so little time


I did it to myself. But by God, I will get it done!

Matt and I decided to get married in less than 5 months. You can plan a wedding in that amount of time without killing yourself. (Or anyone trying to help you Right?)

Since we decided on the date, I've been dieting like no other. Damn proud of myself. One week and a half and I've lost six pounds. Aunty, on the boat with you. We can keep track together. I've been on this tuna fish sandwich, carrots, grapes, salad, yogurt, lots of water kick. Are you to tell me that if you actually watch what you shovel into your mouth makes a difference? (hehehe)

Everyday, Matt gets better at saying the word wedding, and says it more frequently. The first week after he decided that we should get married this Christmas, anytime I brought up anything pertaining to white, marriage, money (that one was tough), rentals, food, bridesmaids, groomsmen.....he totally freaked. I don't mean like run and never talk to me again freak. He likes low key, non stress, low budget kind of events. (did I mention, he'd really prefer not to be sweating.) So all this planning, which I enjoy since at my restaurant that's all I do, has gotten him worked up. The funny-sad part about it is that I have barely told him everything. Most of my ideas have bounced off my mother, sister, best friend, or cousin. The serious gotta ask him questions are handled gently and carefully, leaving him feeling that he didn't just get his teeth pulled out.

So, this weekend is the bridal expo and the bridal crew (along with the 2 grooms, they were told beer is offered. Hope to god it is!) are checking it out and making a list. More to come than.

So, all this while working 6 days a week at work, than doing part time billing for a doctor, trying to read the new Harry Potter book (come on!), cleaning the house, making sure the dog is taken care of, I am trying to plan the wedding.

Night Night folks.

1 ramblings of your own:

RT said...

I need to pick a copy of that book up. Im starting to wonder if Kalani would be better off not knowing details also. In trying to tell him that our guest list is too huge, he immediately gets into a "funk" and doesnt want to talk about it. He's strange I tell you. Anyway I am glad to see you are back blogging. I miss reading and catching up on what you crazy girls are up to in paradise.