Friday, November 07, 2008

to my husband...a non Rambler


Last night I came home, expecting to straighten up as I've grown accustomed to. An uphill battle that I felt would never been won. Funny, this coming from me.

When my husband and I first moved in together we had different "cleaning" habits. I was a slob and he was military clean. Over the years with many frustrating protests from the only "maid" this house really had, he went on strike. (I don't blame him!)

Now having a child, this put me into full mommy Oh MY God mode. I've become more aware of the dirty plates, the carpet needing vacuumed and the laundry that's not going to wash itself (if only!). YES mom, I get it now! (I imagine her smirking as she reads this entry)

I understand his frustration because it is now mine. He lifted his little strike last night and I envied his thorough art of cleaning. (Only this once). My body and mind went completely relaxed. I almost didn't know what to do. Almost. I enjoyed my shows that were recorded, while I was working, wished I had a beer, kicked back on the love seat, and this mommy thought happy thoughts for her husband who was passed out in our bed.

Wow, this house is CLEAN. And I didn't do it. :)

Thanks Hubby! I DO love you! And I DO understand!

1 ramblings of your own:

Unknown said...

Your little girl is soooooo cute :) I wouldn't consider myself anal clean but I'm not a slob either, kind of in the middle. I'm glad, though, that Ted is willing to do his fair share in that if he sees something that needs to be done, he does it (unlike previous men I've dated).